Concrete flooring is quickly getting more and more popular in both commercial and residential settings. There is a reason for that. Concrete is affordable, durable, and appealing.
High-traffic places such as showrooms, movie theaters, and restaurants greatly benefit from the reliability and low maintenance of concrete floors. Bathrooms, bedrooms, mudrooms, family rooms, kitchens, garages, and basements benefit from it as well.
One finish option you should consider is concrete staining. It will add beauty and value to the floors of your house, both outdoors and indoors. Here are several benefits you can get with concrete staining in Mesa AZ:
It is Low-Maintenance
Concrete staining will seal your concrete floor when you apply it. Thus, it protects and prolongs the lifespan of the concrete. The surface can wear away over time, due to constant exposure to weather and traffic. If you want to protect your interior floors, all you have to do is apply wax regularly. On the other hand, you need to reseal your exterior floors as required.
When it comes to cleaning, you will need to sweep and mop the floor occasionally.
It Can Preserve Its Color
If you hire a professional to apply concrete stain, you can guarantee that its color will not peel, flake, chip, or fade. The stain can penetrate deep into the surface when applied to clean concrete. This produces a long-lasting and durable color that requires little-to-no maintenance to stay like new.
It is Versatile
You might be surprised with how many special effects and colors you can achieve with concrete staining. The stain permeates the concrete. This produces rich and deep translucent tones. You’ve got an infinite option for colors. You can also choose any design you want, from mottled, variegated, antiqued, monochromatic, and much more. This depends on the application techniques you will use.
Factors to Consider When Applying Concrete Stain
There are a couple of factors that affect how a concrete surface reacts to the staining process. This includes the porosity of the surface, age, composition, condition, and much more.
Concrete Staining Isn’t a Do-it-Yourself Job
It does not matter if there are a lot of how-to videos and guides on the internet on how to apply concrete stain. You should hire a professional concrete contractor if you want to achieve the best results.
Here are a couple of reasons why concrete staining isn’t a DIY job:
- Hiring a professional to install stained concrete will give you at least a 2-year warranty.
- You have no recourse if your DIY job did not come out right.
- A professional concrete contractor can finish the project in a fraction of the time compared to a DIY job.
- A professional concrete contractor can anticipate mistakes and take care of any issues during the project.
- Proper installation requires tools and gadgets that aren’t found in local home improvement shops.
- Concrete stains available for DIY projects aren’t always as durable and sturdy compared to commercial-grade stains.
- There are a lot of things you have to do before you can apply the stain. This includes assessing the surface, choosing the right stain, and preparing the surface.